Heady's IEM ear tip mod
I am sure some of you have ear canals like mine. My right ear is ok
with the stock tips but I could not get an adequate seal with any tip
in my left ear. The only way I could get a good seal was to use this
foam mod. This mod combines the seal of foam tips with the ease of use
of silicone tips.
1. Buy those foam plugs sold in pharmacies for ear protection. Guys
should have no problem knowing what these are since we use them in NS
for our shooting practices.
2. With a very sharp pair of scissors, cut one plug into half.
3. Get hold of a leather hole punch, use the largest hole punch.
4. Punch a hole in the half of the foam.
5. Invert the silicone tip and place it on a "+" screwdriver. The screwdriver helps to hold the tip firmly for the next step.
6. Carefully tease the foam onto the silicone tip so that you can see that the foam is now completely on the tip.
7. Remove the tip from the screwdriver and place it on the earphone. It
will be a bit more difficult than normal as the foam is squeezing the
8. Done, now you can listen with ease and perfect seal every time.
9. Enjoy the music.